Semi Final 1 - Predictions!

Afternoon from Not Rotterdam.  

We've just watched the full first run through of the 1st Semi Final, and I'm delighted to say that - after two years - Eurovision is back with a bang!  Slick production, affable presenters, a fantastic stage and some really good intervals acts (which, of course, may not be seen by the BBC4 viewers, as they tend to do their own thing).  Not massively struck on the postcards, but that really is a minor detail.

As well as the 16 competing songs, we saw full run throughs from Italy, Germany and The Netherlands, all of whom are voting in this semi.  I'm presuming we'll see clips of these performances along with the usual quick chat with each one.

So, in order of performance, these are the 10 countries which I think will progress on to Saturday's Grand Final:

LITHUANIA

RUSSIA

SWEDEN

CYPRUS

NORWAY

CROATIA

BELGIUM


AZERBAIJAN

UKRAINE

MALTA

Two years ago I predicted 10 out of 10 in the first semi.  Let's see how close this set is!

I would dearly LOVE so see the fabulous Vasil from North Macedonia go through, and having now seen the full video for Montaigne's Technicolour it was much stronger than I was expecting.  At the other end of the table I really can't see anything other than Romania coming last here.  I sincerely hope that Roxen isn't dead set on a career as a singer - cos, My God, but the girl canny sing a note to save herself!

Anyway, enjoy Tuesday night's show, and I'll be back on Wednesday with reaction on the first semi and thoughts and comments on the second semi.

Tot Ziens!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semi 1 - Great result!!!

I Love Belarus!