Touchdown in Copenhagen! Hoorah!!!

Well, after something like 50 long weeks, here we are... back in the the bubble that is Eurovision Week (except for the past 10 years it has been more like two weeks - and for the past 2 years I've extended it further to 16 days!).
I arrived around 6pm last night and after checking into the hotel I'm in until Sunday, when Uncle Robin arrives and we move in to our fab two bedroomed apartment for the duration, I wandered into town for some food and to catch up with some Eurovision chums for pre-pre-pre drinkies!

There's not too much of a buzz about the city yet, although they seem to have inherited Malmö's countdown clock and given it a fresh lick of paint.


Having been up very early and done half a day in the office before I even set off yesterday, I didn't make it a late night and opted to head back to the hotel at a reasonable hour.

I was struck by how very friendly people were as I walked down the street to my hotel... two lovely young ladies asked if I was having a good time and if I wanted to "party".  I explained that I was very much looking forward to all of the parties coming up over the next two weeks.  Then a little further down the road another charming lady asked if I wanted some excitement. 
I told her I was just fit to burst with the excitement, and that I was particularly looking forward to seeing the stage for the first time and then the Swedish, Austrian and Spanish rehearsals...  Such open warmth and friendliness from the locals... and people ask why I love Eurovision!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Semi 1 - Great result!!!

The Fire & The Flames