It's time for Melodifestivalen 2011!

OK, so it's a nearly a year since I last updated the blog, but Eurovision season is well underway in 2011, and this weekend sees what is always my highlight of the build up to Eurovision, the Swedish Melodifestivalen.

I arrived in a wet and windy Stockholm early this afternoon after travelling over "direkt" from Edinburgh with my firends Ross and Danny on Norwegian. 

No time to even draw breath, as we dumped our bags and headed off to the shopping center at Globen, where a few of the artists were performing and signing thier latest CDs for the fans.


So, first up was Mr Swingfly (seen here with one of his homies - or is that homos?).  A delightful chap who told me all about his West Indian/Panamanian ancestry, and about growing up in New York (where Melodifestivalen is obviously huge!).  Nice bloke!

Then it was the singer of my fave song in this year's final, the completely gorgesque Sanna Neilsen.  God!  I love her so much!  She was absolutely delighted when I expalined that Ross and I had flown in all the way from Scotland today just to support her this weekend.  Bless!


Sanna is a schlager Goddess, and is competing for the 6th time this year - and I finally managed to get a fab pic with her... Woo Hoo!!!


Soon after that the screams started as hot favourite, and brand new Swedish No 1 in  thier singles chart, Eric Saade came onto the little stage.  He sang an acoustic version of his song, Popular.  The que to buy his single and get it signed was HUUUUUGE, but I pushed all the little girlies out of the way and got in ther first! (joking!).


I told him that I was expecting to see him in Dusseldorf, and he said that he hoped he would be there too.


More tomorrow, hopefully!

Comments

  1. You and Eric make a lovely couple! You could bring him home in your hand luggage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better hadn't or the locks'll be changed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Semi 1 - Great result!!!